March 4, 2010

The Legend of Zelda


Omg finally it's finshed!
I did this picture for the Zelda fanart competition by Nintendo and Tokyopop, but soon it turned out to be kind of a tribute to my favourite game series.
I wanted to depict important and some reoccuring characters from each of the Zelda games. The only two games missing are the original Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link which are kind of covered by Link-Zelda-Ganon.

Here is the list of characters in the design I chose from each game:

Ocarina of Time: Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Saria, Navi
Majora's Mask: Happy Mask Salesman, Majora's Mask, Malon (design of Cremia), Kafei
Twilight Princess: Link, Epona, Midna
Oracle of Seasons/Ages: Din, Nayru, the Postman
The Minish Cap: Minish, ChuChu
The Wind Waker: Aryll, Tingle, Chicken
Phantom Hourglass: Linebeck
Spirit Tracks: Phantom
Link's Awakening: Marin (no one ever remembers her! XD)
A Link to the Past: Farore, Agahnim

Guess I totally overestimated the workload...

~20 hours (I have never taken that long for a picture), watercolours